Combat Premature Ejaculation
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature Ejaculation is also known as early ejaculation, premature climax,rapid ejaculation and, historically, ejaculatio praecox. The average time for a man to achieve ejaculation is 4 to 8 minutes. If, instead, orgasm and ejaculation occur within a minute this is termed premature ejaculation.
Men experiencing the problem of premature ejaculation often report emotional and relationship problems. Some avoid sexual relations due to embarrassment about this condition.
What causes Premature Ejaculation?
There are many theories regarding the causes of premature ejaculation. These include masturbation at an early age, performance anxiety, passive-aggression or having too little sex. There is, however, no conclusive evidence about these causes. There have also been several theories on possible physiological causes. These include imbalances in the levels of the neurotransmitter Serotonin, genetic factors and an elevated sensitivity of the penis.
- Deep breathing – Deep breathing is very important for overall physiological and psychological health. It has also been shown to control the tension and arousal levels that can lead to premature ejaculation. This is because short, shallow breathing speeds up the heartbeat. To combat this you should try to breathe in for 5 seconds in one deep full breath. Hold for 3 seconds before exhaling slowly for a further 5 seconds. Focusing on your breathing together with that of your lover has also been found to increase the level of intimacy.
- The Stop and Start method – You can begin to practice this alone by masturbating to the point just before orgasm then stopping. This can be repeated while trying to get closer and closer to orgasm each time. By doing this you can learn where you ‘point of no return’ is. Once you have mastered this technique for your self you can try it during sex with your partner.
- The Squeeze Method – This is something that either you can do yourself or with your partner’s help. The base of your penis should be squeezed just before orgasm. This will reduce your erection and sensitivity allowing you to continue after a few seconds without having ejaculated.
- Kegel Exercises – Ejaculation is controlled by the pubococcygeus (PC) muscle. This is a hammock-like muscle, found in both sexes, that stretches from the pubic bone to the coccyx (tail bone). Kegel exercises were first described in 1948 by Arnold Kegel. They are designed to strengthen the PC muscle, thus improving your ability to control and prevent premature ejaculation. A good way to identify this muscle is to notice which muscle you use to stop the urine flow during urination. It is important to distinguish this muscle from the abdominal, thigh or buttock muscles, all of which should remain relaxed during the exercises. To do the kegels, clench and release your PC muscle repeated for 10 seconds. After this rest for 10 seconds before repeated this two more times. If you strengthen and learn to control this muscle you will be able to voluntarily stop premature ejaculation.
- Climax Control Condoms – These condoms are available from well known condom manufacturers such as Trojan and Durex. They have been found to delay orgasm and ejaculation by up to 5 minutes. They have Benzocaine in the tip which is a mild surface analgesic with a mild numbing effect. This reduces sensitivity and arousal to a manageable level but still allows for an enjoyable sex life with your partner.
- Delay sprays – There are various delay sprays available on the market. Herbal Remedies International has an excellent product called STUD 100 Delay Spray. This contains Lidocaine which is a surface analgesic similar to Benzocaine. It comes in a 3 Inch pump spray which delivers 120 measured doses. 3 to 8 sprays are needed depending on requirements. It should be used 5 to 15 minutes before intercourse. It is absorbed into the skin and will not affect your partner’s pleasure.
By following the above tips and using the above mentioned products you will easily be able to combat premature ejaculation. Also please have a look at our range of other excellent 100% Herbal, Natural Libido Enhancers available for both men and women!