Not only for enjoyment!
When most people think about sex, they usually associate it with pleasure and enjoyment. Of course this is a major reason for indulging in a sexual encounter, which is made even more enjoyable when it takes place between loving couples.
Up-to-date research has now indicated that in addition to enjoyment, sex has been linked to several health benefits for both men and women.
Note however, that this applies to the actual sex act with a partner, and not masturbation!
Some of the ways sex can benefit your health
Here are a few of the health advantages
- Sex may not be as active as a full workout at the gym, but it is certainly as good as a moderate means of exercise. It definitely raises the heart rate to at least the equivalent of a brisk walk, or a bike ride.
- Sex lowers stress levels. Those who have sex fairly often tend to be less anxious when confronted with a stressful situation like public speaking, or handling complicated accounts with deadlines.
- Younger, healthy women who have sex at least twice a week, are less likely to develop heart disease than those who have sex only once a month. Researchers are not sure whether these women may have a tendency to live longer, but some studies have suggested that healthy women live a healthy lifestyle, which helps to protect the heart.
- Researchers believe that hormones released during sex are linked to the production of new brain cells. This is particularly true of men over 50 who have more sex than others of the same age. Tests showed that there was a far better ability to recall numbers and do basic maths than those who did not have as much sex.
- During sex, the feel-good hormone oxytocin, is released, which promotes feelings of affection, love, and intimacy. This helps to bond and develop closeness with your partner, and build a strong, stable relationship.
- Folk in committed relationships who enjoy good sex, may not be as anxious or depressed as those who struggle with less sex and relationship issues.
- If you are planning to start a family, the more sex you have can help improve fertility in women, and add to the quality and amount of sperm production in the men.
- Having sex more frequently, may help to hit the right day when you are most fertile, and make it easier to conceive.
- Folk who have good sex in younger life, can carry this through to middle-age and later life, improving the quality of life which is linked to health and happiness.
- Science has also proved that men who have an active sex life, are less likely to develop prostate problems, which may lead to cancer, while women are less likely to get breast cancer.
- Studies conducted among some college students in the US, showed that those who had sex at least twice per week, had more cold-fighting antibodies in their saliva than those who had sex less often. Save on winter purchases of vitamin C!
Get all the benefits
You do not have to overdo it to get all the health benefits of sexual encounters. Whatever frequency of having sex makes you and your partner happy, will be okay. Pushing things may result in the loss of the spontaneous factor in committed relationships.
Remember that most studies of the health benefits have been conducted using people in stable partnerships. There is no research data available regarding health benefits for all sorts of casual liaisons, no matter how often they may take place.
We can help!
Once or twice a week is plenty for most people, but if you feel you are not getting your quota because there may be a problem with your libido – we can help.
Herbal Remedies International have taken some of the potent, natural herbal ingredients and developed a formula, which has been scientifically proven to enhance the sexual performance of both men and women, and effectively combat low libido.
If you want to restore your sexuality and enjoyment of sexual encounters, visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za and see how we can help you!