There are many causes of sexual dysfunction problems, but there are only five main categories that the disorder falls into. Here is a list of all 5:
1. Physical causes, such as conditions which can lead to hassles with sexual functions
- Urinary tract infections, an enlarged, or cancerous prostate gland.
- Cancer of the uterus or cervix.
- Heart disease and poor blood flow to the extremities including the genitals.
- Hormone imbalances of the sex hormones – testosterone in men, and estrogen in women.
- Alcoholism, drug abuse, and heavy smoking.
- Psychological issues like anxiety, depression, and unresolved past trauma.
2. Arousal disorders
People suffering from this disorder find it very difficult to become properly aroused during sexual encounters. It occurs in both men and women.
The most common type of arousal disorder is erectile dysfunction in men, which makes it almost impossible to get an erection. A woman may not be aroused, but will still be able to partake in sex, while a man with ED cannot get an erection needed for sex.
Both men and women who have this disorder, may be interested in a sexual encounter, but be unable to get any sort of physical satisfaction from it.
3. A complete lack of sexual desire
A desire disorder is best described as having no desire or interest in any form of sexual activity. This is known as low libido, mainly caused by low levels of testosterone and estrogen.
Low libido can also be as a result of medical issues like high blood pressure, stress, anxiety, as well as the side effects of meds which may be prescribed for those complaints.
This disorder is a serious issue for men and women in a relationship.
4. Orgasm disorders
This disorder is more of a problem in women, although it can also be present in men. With women, stress, fatigue, hormonal changes, and low libido, can all lead to no orgasm, or at best, a delayed orgasm.
A man may experience premature ejaculation, or he might not be able to maintain an erection long enough to finish. A successful climax might begin to seem like an impossible dream.
5. Pain disorders
This refers to pain during intercourse which affects both women and men.
- Women may experience pain caused by vaginal dryness, yeast infections, and hormonal changes during menopause.
- Men may suffer painful intercourse because of physical damage to the penis caused by an accident or infection. Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland) will also cause painful intercourse, until it is treated.
- Having intercourse when suffering from a urinary tract infection, will be painful for men and women alike.
- Genital herpes and other sensitive skin issues can also cause pain during sex, and in fact may worsen the skin conditions by spreading the bacteria.
There are many other symptoms of sexual dysfunction, and no two people are the same. However most symptoms will fall into one of the 5 categories listed. If you have any concerns about ongoing, persistent sexual dysfunction, visit the doctor to establish whether or not it could be a medical issue which will need attention.
We can help
If you are battling libido and desire issues in your sex life – we can help.
Herbal Remedies International have taken natural herbs and developed powerful formulas that have been proven to combat low libido, and enhance the sexual experience of both men and women.
Our products do not need a doctor’s script, are all natural, safe to use, and have no dangerous side effects.
Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our extensive range of products – and see how we can help you!