What happens if you stop having sex?
Studies have shown that sexual satisfaction plays an important role in a healthy relationship. Sex is usually associated with pleasure and enjoyment. This is one of the main reasons for having sex, which is made even more enjoyable when it takes place between loving couples.
However, research has now revealed that in addition to enjoyment, sex has been linked to several health benefits for both men and women. Studies have also indicated that sex hormones activate various neurotransmitters in the brain which communicate with different organs in the body, which improves physical and mental responses.
There is no need for concern if your sex life goes through a dip or a dry period. If it persists, visit the doctor for an examination. If it happens to be an underlying medical condition that can be treated, you will not have to give up the health benefits of regular sex once you are back on track.
Some of the ways sex can benefit your health:
- Sex is certainly good as a moderate means of exercise. It definitely raises the heart rate to at least the equivalent of a brisk walk, or a bike ride.
- Sex lowers stress levels. Those who have sex fairly often tend to be less anxious when confronted with stressful situations.
- Healthy men women who have sex at least twice a week, lower their risk of heart disease than those who have sex only once a month.
- Researchers believe that hormones released during sex are linked to the production of new brain cells. This is particularly true of men over 50 who have more sex than others of the same age. The test results indicated that those who had regular sex had better memory function than those who had less sex.
- During sex, the feel-good hormone oxytocin is released, which promotes feelings of affection, love, and intimacy, which helps to bring partners closer to each other
- If you are planning to start a family, the more sex you have can help improve fertility in women and add to the quality and amount of sperm production in men.
- Research has also proved that men who have an active sex life have a lower risk of developing prostate problems, which may lead to cancer.
- Studies conducted among some college students in the US showed that those who had sex at least twice per week had a stronger immune system than those who had sex less often.
You do not have to overdo it to get all the benefits of sex. Keeping the spontaneous factor going in committed relationships will add to the enjoyment. Note that everyone is different when it comes to the frequency of sex, and being happy is what matters.
We can help
If you feel you are not getting your quota of regular sex because there may be a problem with your libido – we can help.
Herbal Remedies International has taken some of the potent, natural herbal ingredients and developed a formula, which has been scientifically proven to enhance the sexual performance of both men and women and effectively combat low libido.
If you want to restore your sexuality and enjoyment of sexual encounters, visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za and see how we can help you!
We are here to help you!