Low Immunity and sexuality
Our wonderful in-built immune system is how we fight off attacks by germs, infections, viruses and other serious illnesses such as cancer. If you are prone to frequent colds and flu, and often tired with no energy, including a lack of sexual desire, it is possible that your immune system is not working to its full potential.
Some people think that the immune system is an organ similar to the heart or the liver, and if it doesn’t work well, it can be transplanted or something!
Of course, we know that the immune system is just that – a system, a complex network of cells, whose proper function is essential to our well-being. If it is not doing its job, then we have a low immunity syndrome.
What causes low immunity?
You could be one of those people who pick up almost any virus or germ that is doing the rounds. You suspect that your immune system is in a weakened state, and you may be wondering why your libido has taken a dive.
Have a look at some of the reasons why your immune defences might have broken down:
- Poor lifestyle habits.
- An unhealthy diet full of acidic and refined foods, with little or no nutritional value.
- Not enough regular exercise.
- Excessive alcohol intake.
- High stress levels.
- Inadequate sleep or sleep disturbance.
- A yo-yo type of weight pattern with a tendency to overweight.
Each of these reasons has a definite potential bad effect on your libido and sexual desire.
How does low immunity affect my sexuality?
A weak immune system and low libido are linked in the following ways:
- A poorly operating immune system makes the body more prone to infections and inflammation in the system. Cortisol, a stress hormone, which also fights to combat infections and inflammation in the body, is immediately released by the adrenal glands to deal with the problem.
- The adrenal glands, which also release the sex hormones, shift to release more than usual cortisol to cope with the infection, which is perceived to be a more serious problem. The sex hormones are left in the lurch and low libido occurs in many cases.
- An over excretion of cortisol may occur if you are extremely anxious or stressed. It could be necessary for a person to take antidepressant medication to get things back to normal. These meds have a drastic, negative effect sexual desire.
These are just some of the ways low immunity and low libido can relate to each other.
Is there a way I can boost my immune system?
Some lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking, drinking less alcohol, getting some exercise, and following a healthy diet which includes foods containing vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and iron, will help to improve both your immune system and restore your libido.
Reducing stress levels will also be a tremendous boon.
Low immunity is not a life sentence, and nor is low libido. By applying the right principles, you can restore both to normal, improve your general state of health and enhance your feeling of well-being.
We can help
If low libido and a lack of sexual desire is looming like a dark cloud over your life, we can help!
Herbal Remedies International have taken some of the most powerful natural herbs, and developed outstanding products which enhance the sexual experience of both men and women, optimally combat issues of low libido.
Our products are safe to take, and do not require a doctor’s prescription.
Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our exceptional products which cover a wide range of issues, and see how we can help you.