Are you shy about your sexual health?
We live in a culture which is often over-saturated by sex on the TV, the movies, the radio, books and magazines. We are exposed to this on a daily basis, and yet when it comes to our own sexual health, we are sometimes incredibly shy to discuss sexual problems with the doctor.
Studies have shown that only about 50% of men with diabetes have even mentioned the subject of diabetes and possible sexual dysfunction with their doctors.
By the same token, many newly-diagnosed diabetes patients have reported that while doctors mention all the diabetic dangers such as eye problems, heart, circulation and kidney dangers, hardly any reference is made to possible sexual dysfunction.
In fact, many men with erectile dysfunction only learn later that they are suffering from diabetes.
It would appear that even some doctors may be reluctant to broach the personal subject of sex with their patients!
How does diabetes affect sexual function of men?
Poorly controlled diabetes and high blood-sugar is the main culprit behind the many sexual problems people have to deal with.
Low libido and a lack of sexual desire is a major problem which affects more people with diabetes, than it affects those who are not diabetic.
Here are some problems a man with diabetes may experience:
- Due to vascular damage and impaired blood flow, insufficient blood may get to the penis and prevent an erection from happening. For an erection to occur and be maintained, the penis needs a full and plentiful blood supply.
- If there is nerve damage resulting from diabetes, a man may not be able to finish, or reach an orgasm, before things disintegrate.
- Hormonal problems like low testosterone, can be caused by diabetes which is not properly managed.
- If you have type 2 diabetes and are also overweight, you have a high risk of developing low testosterone, which will definitely affect your passion for sex.
- Research has indicated that men with diabetes have a major risk of developing Peyronie’s disease, a somewhat alarming condition in which scar tissue inside the penis causes a curved and painful erection. This curve can make sex difficult, and sometimes impossible to get or maintain an erection.
If you have concerns about some of the above problems, visit the doctor for an open and honest discussion, and make sure that there are no other reasons for your erectile dysfunction.
Treatment for diabetic-related sexual dysfunction
Sex is supposed to bring you and your partner pleasure, and neither of you should just accept male sexual dysfunction because of diabetes. Fortunately there are plenty of treatment options, and most of them work to restore the libido.
Of course, the most important step for you to take is to manage your diabetes to get your blood-sugar levels down, and if you are overweight, make every effort to lose weight. Just that action alone will put you on the right track to restore your libido.
- Hormonal treatment to lift low testosterone levels is also essential.
- Lifestyle changes like eating a healthy diet, giving up smoking, and regular exercise will help to manage your diabetes, and improve your erectile dysfunction problems.
- If you add reducing stress to your lifestyle changes, you will benefit your entire body and not only your sexuality.
- Experts agree that good health leads to good sex, and good sex leads improved self-esteem, and feelings of general well-being.
The benefit of natural supplements
There is scientific proof that natural herbal preparations, including the generic Viagra, improve blood flow to the genitals, including the penis. For erections to happen and to be maintained, a good blood supply to the penile artery, is not debateable.
Herbal remedies International have taken some of the most powerful natural herbal ingredients, and developed a formula which has been proven to enhance men’s sexual performance, and successfully treat erectile dysfunction.
Our products are completely natural, have no side effects, and do not require a doctor’s prescription.
There is no need for you to suffer the indignity of erectile dysfunction – we can help you!
Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our exceptional range of libido-enhancing products for both men and women, and see how we CAN help you.