A number of factors can have an impact on one’s sex drive – stress, illness and fatigue, for example, can all leave you feeling reluctant to be intimate with your partner. However, research has shown that there are numerous reliable libido boosting foods that will help you to boost your sex life to what it used to be. Some of these super-eats are detailed below. Each item on the list can serve as complementary foods to libido enhancers, helping you keep the fire alive:
- Fish rich in essential fatty oils such as omega three are vital for healthy hormone levels. This is important, as these levels can help control things such as premature ejaculation as well as a lowered sex drive. Salmon, trout and tuna are all great-tasting food, and will help you extend the intimate moments with your partner significantly.
- Pumpkin seeds are foods high in zinc. A lack of zinc in one’s diet is almost sure to result in a low libido. Snacking on a handful of these seeds a day is all that you need to get your sex drive back on track.
- A sweet sound to everyone’s ears: a little bit of dark chocolate per day can go a long way in boosting your libido. Chocolate triggers the pleasure centres in our brains, which enhances the desire to do something enjoyable. Studies have shown that women who eat dark chocolate at least once a day have sex up to three times more than those who don’t.
- Chillies aren’t just for spicing up your food, but for spicing things up in the bedroom as well. The capsicum in chillies releases endorphins into your body, which puts you on a natural high. This high energises you – leaving you with more than enough energy to indulge in some affection with your partner.
- Eggs are the perfect food to help boost your sex drive. They are low in fat but high in protein, which is exactly what is needed to improve stamina. They are also high in amino acids; an ingredient proven to help combat erectile dysfunction.
There is no shame in having a low sex drive. Everyone goes through phases of low libidos. The important thing to remember is that there are many things that can be done about such problems, such as indulging in any of the aforementioned foods.