Low libido in men
Low libido describes a decreased interest in sexual activity. Unless there are underlying reasons, men generally notice a difference in their libido around the ages of 60 to 65. It can rear its irksome head suddenly, or gradually creep into a man’s life. A man and his partner who have enjoyed a good sexual relationship, will both be distressed if the problem arises.
A recent survey conducted showed that men have sex for various reasons. Some of the replies include:
- It feels good
- It’s fun
- I wanted the physical pleasure and physical gratification
- I wanted to show my love and affection, and feel connected to my partner
However, a strong reason both men and women have sex is because they are attracted to each other. If the attraction lasts and results in a permanent love-relationship, a sudden drop in libido may indeed be cause for concern, especially when a lack of sex drive is no longer on the radar.
What causes low libido in men?
A temporary loss of libido is not uncommon, and most men will go through it at one time or another. However, if it persists long-term and you get concerned when it doesn’t go away, make it a priority to visit your doctor to check if there are any underlying health reasons.
Here are some potential causes of low libido in men:
- Low testosterone, or low T. Testosterone is an important male hormone produced in the testicles, which is responsible for the development of all male sexual characteristics, and is a major factor in your sex drive. Decreasing testosterone is a normal part of aging, as is your sex drive. However, a drastic, sudden drop in testosterone will result in a drastic drop in libido. If this is you, and you are worried that it could be a hormonal problem, visit the doctor for advice and a test.
- Depression and anxiety can have a fundamental change on your life. Activities which you once found enjoyable, including sex, may no longer interest you, and can negatively affect your libido.
- Constant high stress can disrupt hormone levels, and may result in lowT, which can potentially decrease your sexual desire.
- Certain medications can lower T levels, and in turn result in low libido. These meds may include, beta-blockers, blood pressure medication, and anti-depressant drugs.
- Chronic illness. Diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, alcohol abuse and some cancers, are also known to have a detrimental effect on sexual desire.
- Poor lifestyle habits. A lack of regular exercise, and a bad diet of sugary and refined junk foods, which contain no nutrients to nourish the body, all have the potential to sap your vitality, and contribute to a low libido problem.
There is no single treatment for low libido. And there is no magic pill that will miraculously restore your dignity in the bedroom.
There are many causes of low libido, and each can require its own particular form of treatment. Studies have shown that the most common cause of low libido is a hormonal imbalance, followed by psychological issues like stress and anxiety, medication side effects, and poor lifestyle habits.
A hormone imbalance can be diagnosed with a simple blood test, and the appropriate treatment effected by your doctor. If you are on any medications, ask your doctor to explain any side effects of your meds, and if your libido is being affected, possibly make some changes.
Ways to help yourself eliminate the causes of low libido
- Try and avoid situations which raise your stress levels. Reducing stress takes the pressure off your emotions and your body.
- Develop a healthy lifestyle, get plenty of exercise, and boost your diet with nutrient rich foods such as those high in B vitamins, leafy green veggies, sea food, and garlic, which will all give your libido a hefty lift.
- There are also supplements like vitamin D which help, and research has shown that certain potent herbal products have helped tremendously in the treatment of low libido.
Low libido is not a life sentence. Unless there is an underlying medical reason which needs attention, it is mostly very successfully treated.
We can help
If you are having difficulty dealing with low libido – we can help! Herbal Remedies International have taken some of the most potent natural herb ingredients and developed a formula to combat low libido in men and women. Our products, backed by science, also work to enhance the experience and enjoyment of sexual encounters.
The products are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s prescription.
Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our extensive range of products and see how we can help you.