Many men may feel that they have symptoms of premature ejaculation, but the symptoms don’t always meet the clinical criteria for PE. In some cases, men might have periods of rapid ejaculation, as well as periods of normal ejaculation. Although there is no uniform agreement by the medical fraternity, some studies have noted that a clinical definition of PE should be ejaculation of around 15 seconds before penetration, with some men not even making it to that point.
Whether you have a constant problem with PE, or episodes of normal ejaculation, usually within 4 to 7 minutes, you should not be under any illusion that you do not need to pay attention to possible PE issues.
Pay a visit to your doctor to rule out any underlying medical problem which could be contributing to the problem.
There are a number of treatments available, which apply to both biological and psychological aspects of the PE issues.
Psychological factors affecting premature ejaculation
There is no magic pill that can cure PE. If there is no identifiable, biological reason why you have PE, it is likely that a doctor will turn his attention to psychological issues which, if not dealt with, will only compound the problem.
Here are some of the more common psychological concerns which may play a role in PE:
- Early sexual experiences in which you may have hurried to reach a climax in order to avoid discovery, might have developed into a pattern of behaviour which could need help to change.
- Guilty feelings with regard to religious or cultural issues, such as sinfulness, concerning sexual activity, leads to anxiety and a rush to get finished.
- Sexual abuse which may have gone undetected, and not dealt with in any constructive way, could also play a part.
- A poor body image, possibly because of obesity, or maybe a small body frame, or even in extreme cases, belief that the genitals are not up to standard size, may be a compulsion for a man just wanting to get the job done as quickly as possible.
- Extensive studies have shown that depression stems from anxiety, which results in a psycho-physical relationship between depression and premature ejaculation. In fact, it is now agreed that depression can be a sign that a man suffering from PE, is plagued by psychological, rather than biological problems.
- Anxiety is also known to play a large part in PE problems, especially if there is an erectile dysfunction issue, and panic about maintaining an erection during intercourse. This may develop into a habit of rushing to ejaculate, just in case the erection does not last the course.
- Emotional strain and stress in any area of your life may limit your ability to relax and focus during sexual encounters, and have a role in premature ejaculation problems.
- Stress combined with relationship problems, will make you especially vulnerable to complications in your personal life if you are struggling with PE.
- Premature ejaculation may also make it difficult for couples who want to have a baby, to actually conceive. Ejaculation needs to occur inside the vagina for fertilisation to occur. If this fails to happen, it can lead to an endless cycle of stress, guilt and disappointment.
Don’t leave anything to chance
If you are carrying an emotional burden such as anxiety, stress, or depression, and also suffer from premature ejaculation, your sexual fulfillment will always be negatively affected. Remember that the mind is the most powerful part of what is YOU, and shares its troubles with the body, manifesting in distressing physical issues, of which PE is only one.
If premature ejaculation is tearing you apart, take action to deal with the problem. It is the only way to break the perpetual negative cycle of stress and disappointment. Talk to your partner, talk to your doctor, and get the help you need.
Premature ejaculation can be a combination of biological and psychological causes. There is no one drug which can successfully treat biological causes on its own, while emotional issues mostly do respond well to counselling and possible sex therapy.
However, we can help support your recovery from the crushing problem of PE, with completely natural products, with no side effects.
HERBAL REMEDIES INTERNATIONAL have taken natural herbal ingredients which have been scientifically proven to enhance men’s sexual performance, and developed a powerful herbal formula to specifically help with the battle of premature ejaculation.
Our products are safe and do not need a doctor’s prescription.
For more information about these unique products, visit us at: www.herbalremedies.co.za.
You will be pleasantly surprised at the wide range of issues we cover – and how we can help you!