Women also need testosterone
Testosterone is a hormone that is usually considered to be a vital male hormone. However, not many folk know that testosterone is also a very important hormone necessary for women to maintain a good quality of life? All too often, the symptoms of low testosterone in women are just written off as part of getting old.
There is also unfortunately a misconception among women that testosterone will detract from their femininity, and make them more manly. There is much talk about women getting treatment for low estrogen or progesterone, but testosterone hardly gets a mention. After all, how many women do you know who are having treatment for low testosterone?
As you grow older, levels of most hormones begin to drop, and testosterone is one of the more important ones. Symptoms of low testosterone in women include much more than you might think, and are often confused with low estrogen.
Listed here are some of the most common symptoms of low testosterone in women.
- Even if you are sleeping well, but are constantly tired, low testosterone could be the problem.
- Weight gain. Gaining weight in midlife is so common that it is taken for granted as part of growing older. If you are unable to control your weight gain, and struggle to lose weight, or are losing muscle tone, you may have low levels of testosterone.
- A lack of interest in sex. Just as in men, low testosterone can lead to a reduced sex drive, and a general lack of interest in sex.
- Mood swings and depression. Testosterone plays an important part in balancing the moods in the body. If you are experiencing bouts of depression, or strange mood swings, plus anxiety, there is a possibility that your testosterone is low.
- If you find that you are having difficulty concentrating on normal tasks, you may be suffering from low testosterone. Unfortunately, some symptoms, like concentration hassles, often mimic the classic signs of aging, which could make low testosterone difficult to identify.
- Hair loss. This is a common symptom of low testosterone, which not only applies to the head, but also to other areas of the body. You may notice that you need to shave your legs or under arms less often than normal. If this is you, it may be a sign that you have low testosterone levels.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, a blood test to establish your hormone levels will do the trick. Ask the doctor to make sure that the test includes testing for testosterone levels.
Live well because you can
Both men and women deserve to have a happy and fulfilling sex life. If hormones go awry, it is possible to correct them, but the key is to be proactive, and get help and advice as soon as possible. The entire body depends on hormones to function correctly, whether it be the brain, the digestive system, or the reproductive system.
Testosterone, along with estrogen and progesterone, are linked to the reproductive system, and therefore to sexuality. When the levels are correct in both men and women, your health and sense of well-being, will be tops.
We can help
If your hormones are a little out of kilter, and you feel that your sex drive is taking strain, we can help you.
HERBAL REMEDIES INTERNATIONAL have taken some of the most potent natural herbal ingredients, and developed an excellent formula to enhance sexual performance and combat low libido.
Our products have proven success, are safe to take, and do not need a doctor’s prescription.
If you want to put enjoyment back into your sex life, visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our outstanding range of products, and see how we can help you.