Trust is an important part of any relationship as it allows for open channels of communication. Communicating with your partner is essential as it will help you solve any issues that arise later on in your relationship. Everything, from what colour tiles you want in the bathroom to erectile dysfunction problems, can easily be spoken about, without any feelings of awkwardness or tension.
Exercises to build trust
There are numerous exercises that couples can do in order to build up trust between them. Below is a list of some of these exercises, each of which has been proven to foster trust between couples, both in and out of the bedroom.
- As cheesy as they seem, trust falls are a really great way to build up faith and confidence in each other. A large part of learning to trust someone is based on your own instinct and intuition. Building your intuition up and allowing it to govern your body’s actions will strengthen the bond you have with your partner.
- As a couple, sit and go through questions you have always wanted to know the answers to. Each of you should write your answers down as honestly and as thoroughly as possible before giving them to the other person to read. Sharing such intimate, private thoughts with your significant other can do wonderful things for your relationship.
- Every now and then, do a blindfolded walk around the house with one of you leading the blinded one. This encourages the blindfolded person to put their full trust into their partner, something which is daunting but at the same time, remarkably rewarding.
- Sharing secrets is always a great way to gain and to build trust. Once a week, tell each other a secret that no one else knows. Even if it’s something silly, like the fact that you once wore the same pair of socks for two days in a row, the act of sharing these things with each other will benefit both of you.
- Holding eye contact is a sign of trust between two people. Whenever you speak to your partner, be sure to look him or her straight in the eyes. It’s an excellent way to foster an intimate bond between the two of you.
Making sure that trust is strong between your partner and yourself is an excellent way of guaranteeing that communication is always open and honest between the two of you. Trust can often be difficult to maintain, but these exercises should help build and foster the special bond that you share with your significant other.