Some ways that sugar lowers libido
If you love eating sweets, chocolates and other things made out of sugar and flour, you may sabotaging your libido and killing your sex drive without realising it.
Our hormonal systems are inter-connected, and when one goes out of balance, it is soon followed by others in a sort of domino effect. Excessive smoking, alcohol abuse, exposure to toxins in the environment, and chronic stress, all play a part in upsetting the delicate balance of sex hormones.
However, the major culprit that wreaks havoc with sex hormones, is undoubtedly sugar in all its addictive, sneaky forms. Sex hormones such as testosterone and estrogen, are linked to healthy blood sugar and insulin balance. High blood sugar leads to insulin overload and eventually insulin resistance, which prevents the body’s cells from using insulin, and is a risk factor for diabetes, heart disease, and sexual malfunction.
How high blood sugar can affect your sexuality
- Insulin resistance from too much sugar drives down testosterone levels in both men and women, and hinders the functions of sexual well-being.
- This leads to men suffering erectile dysfunction and problems with getting erections.
- Women also need testosterone for proper sexual functions, especially a healthy libido. Lower T levels will, as in the case of men, impact severely on sexual desire.
- Excessive blood sugar makes you tired, fatigued, and subject to hunger cravings, all of which completely kills libido.
- Sugar is highly acidic, and an imbalance of blood sugar levels, promotes stress and anxiety, which has a negative effect on your sex life.
- Stress, anxiety, and depression may require anti-depressant medication, many of which have side effects which cause serious sexual problems like erectile dysfunction, where a man may be unable to achieve or maintain an erection. The meds also have a damaging effect on the libido of both men and women.
If you suspect sex hormone imbalances, and if you are diabetic or pre-diabetic, it is a good idea to visit the doctor for tests.
Rebalancing your sex hormones
The most natural way to get your sex hormones back into line, could be as simple as making some lifestyle changes. Getting regular exercise always helps with sexual issues, as does making a strong attempt to lower stress levels.
The most important lifestyle change you can make to help rebalance your sex hormones, is to completely change your diet.
The very worst things to eat, which raises your risk of diabetes, heart disease, cancer and total sexual dysfunction, are any foods made from refined sugar and flour. These include anything containing sugar, and carbs with no nutritional value, like rolls, bread, cakes etc.
The food you eat controls your metabolism, and hormonal system, including the proper levels of testosterone and estrogen, the imbalance of which will affect your sexuality.
Following a healthy diet on a daily basis, which includes vegetables, fruit, protein, and good fats, and cutting out as much refined foods as you can, will help put you on the right path to restoring the balance of your sex hormones.
We can help
If you are struggling with a “sugar episode” which has negatively impacted on your libido – we can help get you back on track.
Herbal Remedies International have developed a powerful formula from natural herbal ingredients, which has been scientifically proven to enhance the sexual performance of both men and women, and also helps to combat the effects of low libido.
Our products are safe to take, and do not a doctor’s prescription.
Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our extensive range of products and see how we can help you.